Ok, so I’m feeling pretty awesome right now.. In all fairness it’s not that hard to make me happy but this definitely did the trick. I just found out that I was nominated for a Liebster Award from Becs over at Tales From Tedium
To be honest I wasn’t entirely sure what the award was all about but after looking it up, it turns out that the purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers that deserve a look. I personally think it’s an awesome idea and especially as part of the A to Z blog challenge as you get the chance to really get to know your fellow bloggers. Official award or not I was still pretty chuffed to get it!
If you are one of the bloggers I nominated for this award here is what what we both need to do to accept the award:
- Post the award on our blogs
- Thank the lovely blogger(s) who gave us the award and link back to their site(s)
- Post 11 random facts about ourselves
- Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked us
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that we want to pass the award on to
- Ask our nominees 11 questions
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I was born and grew up in London, UK
- I have 7 dogs
- My pet turtle drowned (don’t ask!!)
- I’m an only child
- In only 2 more years I (hopefully) will be a Mexican citizen
- I studied both Italian and French for 5 years and now can’t speak a word of either
- I am, however, fluent in Spanish (a language I never took a single class of)
- I drink way too much Red Bull
- Pinterest has made me think that I am the next Martha Stewart
- I was extremely traumatized about turning 30 last birthday
- I only started this blog a few weeks ago.
11 Questions that I need to answer as part of this award.
- If you had to pick you final meal what would you choose? Without a doubt it would be a traditional Sunday Roast
- If you could only have one book of fiction to read forever, which would it be? Oooh tough call, too many books to choose from.. I’m gonna cheat a bit with that one and say any book by James Pattison.
- Where do you most want to visit and why? I’d love to go to Borneo and take my mum to an orangutan sanctuary. It’s her dream!
- What is the best thing about blogging? Being able to express myself and sharing some of the great things about Mexico with people who have never been
- Why did you choose to take part in the A to Z challenge? Having just started this blog I figured it would give me the inspiration and push I needed to keep the blog going.
- Have you preplanned any posts, Q or X or Z perhaps? I am nowhere near organized enough to have done that. Mine is day to day basis!
- When did you last enjoy live music, who played? When I went to the fair here in Playa del Carmen last week, they had a live Mariachi band! So typically Mexican!!
- Who influences you? Being an only child, my parents were and still are huge influences in my life!
- Which three words best describe you? Crazy Dog Lady
- What makes you happy? When I get the chance to fly back to London and spend time with my family and best friend
- How long did you take to choose you 11 nominations? Probably way longer than it should have
My Nominations for the Liebster Award are:
- Playa Del Carmen Int.
- Luigi & Me
- A Writer Inspired
- A Short A Day
- My Morning Cup Of Coffee
- While The Coffee Brews
- The World According To Tracey
- No Longer A Photo A Day
- Ramblings Of A Silly Girl/a>
- My World According To Me
- Trashy Girl
11 Questions for My Liebster Nominees:
- Where were you born?
- What’s your favourite song?
- Who is the person that most inspired you?
- What makes you happy?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Do you have any pets?
- Where is your ideal vacation destination?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Who is the funniest person alive?
- If you were stuck on an island what 3 items would you take?
- 5 words that describe you
For all those participating in the A-Z Blog Challenge this year… Good luck and I look forward to learning more about you and your blog.